Name – Elusive
How would you explain your style of music?
- My style of music is kind of hard to group into one category. I have a lot of hardcore rap, “gansta” rap (although I absolutely hate using that term), horrorcore and a lot of tracks that are straight from the heart. I like to use unconventional beats that are sometimes horrorcore/underground influenced, some beats that are not so much mainstream but can be considered as such and a lot of beats that are “epic” sounding. Its hard for me to compare myself to other artists because I have so many influences.
How long have you been making music?
- I have been making writing lyrics since I was 14 years old and making beats and recording my own music since I was 15 so roughly 10-11 years.
Do you consider yourself a Juggalo?
- I am absolutely a Juggalo to the core and have been for about 13 years (since I was 12 years old). When I first started to make music Psychopathic was one of my main influences. I’ve been going to shows since I was about 13 or 14 and went to my first gathering in 2002 in Peoria, IL. (I believe that was the third annual gathering). That was the gathering when the Wraith was unveiled and a riot broke out on the second day prompting the national guard, state police and local police to storm into the civic center with riot gear and all. That same year I went to my first Hallowicked and have been to countless shows since.
Have you ever performed at a Psychopathic Event?
- Unfortunately I haven’t performed at any Psychopathic events. That would be a dream for me.
TJF: If you could tour with any Psychopathic Artist who would it be?
- If I had to choose any artist from Psychopathic to tour with I would have to choose Twiztid.
What influenced you to create the style of music you create?
- My music is mostly influenced by my life experiences, emotions and all of the things I have been through. My music is also influenced by all of the artists I have listened to throughout the years.
Can you describe the process you go through creating your music?
- Depending on my mood I either start to write the lyrics first before choosing a beat or finding a beat that I like and writing my lyrics as I feel the music. A lot of the time I use other peoples beats that I download but I do make my own beats and will use them from time to time. I do have my own home studio and am self taught in all aspects of my production. I currently use Pro-Tools M-Powered, a Roland VS2400 hard disc recorder with 2 expansion boards, a Roland Fantom X6 with 2 expansion boards, an Edirol audio interface with vocal effects, an M-Audio pre-amp and an M-Audio Solaris condenser microphone. I usually prefer to use hardware over software so I utilize my Roland VS2400 much more often than Pro-Tools.
TJF: Who have you worked with (underground or not) during your career?
- I have worked with a lot of local and relatively unknown artists from Yonkers such as Ice, Raid Rounds, B.I., E-Ryda, Kyzer and Killa Kev.
TJF: Is there anyone you’d like to thank or give props to?
- I would have to give thanks to everyone that supports me and my music, the love of my life Kait, my father who has been behind me since I started to create music, all of the Juggalos and all of the underground artists that have influenced me (mainly Psychopathic of course)
TJF: Links to your music and where fans to be can find ya..
- www.reverbnation.com/elu5ive www.facebook.com/pages/
TJF: Good luck to you, homie. MCL!