I’ve been trying not to post this as nothing official is reported, but its hit the twitterverse pretty hard lately.
Boondox, who is the last original acquisition by psychopathic records. Has a huge following and lyrics that have meaning through the whole juggalo family.
His last tour came through Iowa twice, Psychopathic at the time had no pull with the tour claiming the tour manager was not with them, they also had no comment on issues of the tour – such as the last tour stop in Marshalltown, IA being skipped with no notice to the promoter, or the venue until after the doors opened. Even after missing this tour stop – he continues to tour with Cousin Cleetus.
In the last couple days, he has made some tweets indicating some changes, and not responding in a way that indicates everything is ok with the business end of things. I personally enjoy the music, and the image Boondox puts out, as many of you do, and regardless of how it plays out – we will continue to report and support this talented musician in his next phase, if there is one.
- “I’ve been putting this off for way to long & hoping it wouldn’t come to this. Look for big news from me in the next couple of days.”
- “I love the fam to the core of my soul & that’s the realist words I can speak. I’m nothing in this biz w/o all of you. I’ll never let ya down”
- “No matter what, I’ll do my damndest to make the best music I can for yall. Wherever my path leads, it’ll be lined with Juggalos.”
- “Just know I’m reading all of these tweets yall are sending me and they mean more than ya can imagine. Thank you all and much much love!!”
- “To show love, I’ll be releasing a new free track in the next week or so that’s dedicated to the fam. The song is for yall and about yall.”
- “Waking up and still seeing the tons and tons of fam letting me know they got my back in anything I do, just reminds me of why I am a Juggalo”
- “And yes I have nothin BUT love and respect for everyone @ Psychopathic. Thats not even in question.”
- “@JuggaloNews: New “Hatchet Attacks” informercial from @Psychopathic up! Boondox expected to no show according to new management? WTF? SMH”
- “I think it’s awesome that I somehow have new management. News to me.”
- “I ain’t gonna stop making music or touring. Are big changes coming? Yes. Am I quitting the game? Fuck no! Do I got beef? Nothin but love!”
- “I got love for Psychopathic & everyone there. Love & respect. No matter where I go professionally, the Hatchetman stays tatted on my skin!”
- “Business and heart are 2 separate things. I always got love for the Hatchet. Always!”
So if they do part ways, which it’s hard to imagine the business end couldn’t be shored up to make both sides happy as in my opinion the two go together, we at TJF still got ya Dave! – Whoop Whoop – MCL – Hazin