Artist Showcase Saturday: Coty Castle
Helloooooo my loves!! It’s another gorgeous Saturday! Well.. it’s raining where I am but it’s still gorgeous!!! I have another fantastic showcase for you. His name is Coty and he is gooood at what he does. Not only does he draw on paper, he also draws on skin. Permanently. Yep! You guessed it! He is a tattoo artist. You can find him at Bullies Ink in Columbus, Ohio. Now you know I got questions and I always get my answers. With that being said, let’s get to it. I’ll give you questions then art.. Here we go!!!
1. History lesson.. Where are you from? Give us a little background
I’m from Columbus, Oh. Born and raised
2. What medium(s) do you use?
As far as what I use I started with mechanical pencils and just recently started using Prismacolor pencils. I do paint from time to time but not often.
3. How long have you been creating your works?
I wish I could give a good answer to that lol. I’ve been drawing since I can remember.
4. Do you have a muse? something that helps get the juices flowing?
My muses, music and my son. My son likes the drawings, he’s always coming up with ideas for me to draw, either for him or just something to do.
5. Do you have a favorite artist? someone you look up to?
Leonardo Di Vinci, Twiztid, Icp, Frank Miller, it’s so hard to choose another artist that inspires me more than the other. I love all art lol.
6. Do you have a pre session ritual? Something you have to do before every session?
I smoke a bowl honestly lmao. It calms me down and let’s the juices flow freely.
7. What was your favorite game as a kid?
I’m a gamer so my favorite game as a kid was Mario Brothers.
8. Do you do custom work or just what your brain tells you?
I do custom work when asked to do so. For the most part I like to draw portraits.
9. I see you are a tattoo artist as well, does your art influence your style of tattoo?
It does influence my tattoos. I’m a very detailed artist, spending years drawing has shown me how to look for small details that others might not see.
10. Where can your new fans find you?
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, Coty!! Now.. the moment you have all been waiting for… THE ART!!!
See!!! Talent!! Be sure and look Coty up on Instagram and Facebook to see more of his amazing works. If you are in Columbus, Ohio.. Head over to Bullies Ink and ask for Coty. Tune in next week for another showcase and more bad ass art!