TJF’s Top Do’s and Don’ts For the Perfect Gathering Experience!
With the 17th Annual Gathering of the Juggalos swiftly approaching, the anticipation for it can be a little overwhelming. This years Gathering falls on July 20th thru 23rd in Thornville, OH. It is the year of the Butterfly and we all know how important the number 17 is for us Juggalos, so there is no doubt how wig splitting this year is going to be. We have so many things on our mind to think of so we will be prepared for when it rolls around. But what about when we arrive? What things should we do or avoid to make sure we have the best time possible? Well, if you’ve caught yourself asking any of these questions, you’re reading the right article. We here at TJF have combined our Gathering knowledge so we could give you guys our top do’s and don’ts to ensure your time is as fuckin’ fresh as possible! First things first, what DO’S should you be sure to follow while living it up at the biggest Juggalo family reunion of the year?
- DO Bring lots of water- its gonna be in the middle of July so it’s gonna be hot, stay hydrated!
- DO Know where the medical tent is at- its better to know and not need it, then to need it and not know where to go.
- DO Learn where the Scrub Care Unit tent is too, they always are looking out for us lo’s and lette’s. (TJF is also proud affiliates with the SCU group)
- DO Make sure you have some type of shade and a chair. It in the middle of nowhere and you’re going to want both…trust us!
- DO Have a way to communicate with your friends/ group. Its a lot of walking and its a huge area, so knowing where everyone is at is going to be hella helpful. It can be cell phones, walkie talkies, smoke signals….you get the idea.
- DO Be sure you have things for your favorite artists to sign…and a marker just in case (it will come in handy for so many more things!)
- DO Keep your flashlight handy or something else that has light so you can see at nighttime. Again, its the middle of a field with no streetlights and such so it will be dark as fuck.
- DO Wear comfortable shoes and clothing. You’ll be doing a lot of walking…plus there is poison ivy and shit out there, so be careful.
Now that we got the do’s out of the way, what about the DON’TS?
- DON’T Leave any of your valuable shit in the open, lock it up. There are going to be tons of people attending, so its better safe than sorry.
- DON’T Throw shit at the artists on stage performing. First off it’s disrespectful as hell, and sometimes stuff like that can stop a show entirely. Don’t be the person who fucks it up for everybody
- DON’T overdo it. We all know its the biggest party of the year for us, but know your limits with the partying. You don’t want to be the dude passed out shitfaced and have dicks drawn on your face with a Sharpie. People will snap tons of pictures of it too for proof.
- DON’T be dicks to your camping neighbors. Befriend them and you could meet some homies for life, plus they can watch camp for you if you ever need to run off and do something and visa versa.
- DON’T forget to bring cash with you. Like we mentioned in THIS other Gathering budget article, you’ll save money if you don’t have to stop by the ATM’s and you know you won’t run out of cash.
- DON’T I know this one sounds kinda sketchy, but it is exactly what it sounds like…DON’T fall for the infamous “poop dollar” trick. Where there is a dollar bill on the ground someone has used as toilet paper. We can’t say we’re surprised this is a real thing at GOTJ haha. (Had to throw this one in there for you newbies.)
There are tons of people who have been coming to the Gathering for years, but there will also be some first timers there as well. We want you ninjas to have the dopest time possible, so we’re hoping these do’s and don’ts have helped you even in the slightest. Its the biggest family reunion we look forward to ALL YEAR, every year. So be safe, and enjoy that shit homies!!
To get your tickets to The 17th Annual Gathering of the Juggalos, you can order them here at JuggaloGathering.com. On that website you can also find out all of the other details and rules pertaining to GOTJ17.